It’s a new year, which is such a wonderful time. You get a hall pass to reset and start over- mark off all the things that didn’t serve you well. One of the best things you can ever do is make a list and then at the end of the year really review it. It may surprise you when you read it. What you thought was important to change or accomplish may no longer be at the top of your list. Evaluating and re-evaluating is how we progress on all levels- mind, body, spirit.
Here are some easy ideas to start your year out with healthy new habits:
- Start a daily gratitude journal.
- Meditate 15 minutes a day- this can be guided, mantra’s or simple breath work.
- Make a pact with yourself to decrease negative thoughts, comments or conversations.
- Give back- no matter how little- this feeds our soul and balances out the universe.
- Do yoga, tai chi or qi gong. These practices help you to stop and reset and they are great for osteoporosis!
- Clean up your diet. Consider going dairy free and gluten free. Buy organic produce and humanely raised animal proteins.
- Make more fresh meals at home- ditch the fast food line.
- Cook with fresh herbs- they have amazing healing properties.
- Grow your own garden- so many vegetables love containers.
- Get a hobby- find something that allows your mind to rest and makes your inner child smile. Coloring is a great way to creatively check out. There are all kinds of adult coloring books available.
- Adopt a pet- this is a big one I know but so many sweet animals need homes. Did you know it is proven medically that the vibration of a cats purring is healing?
- Last- give thanks often and for all we have. While this earth can be a difficult place, never let us forget the beauty of a rainbow or the splendor of a sunset. Yes folks- these are still free!
As always- Cuisine for Healing is committed to bringing you healthy and delicious food made ethically with a commitment to our certification.
You can visit us at cuisineforhealing.org to view our menu and educational information.
Happy Healthy New Year!